Friday, June 17, 2011

TRIP HOME!!!

Wednesday June 15, 2011
1:46pm

As you may know, Peace Corps is giving me a roundtrip ticket to the USA for a month leave before I start my third year extension in Mbabane with Baylor!! Surprisingly enough, that time is quickly approaching! I have actually been in Africa two whole years?? Wow. Anyway, I have not gotten my exact flight itinerary but I’m pretty sure I will be getting on a plane in Swaziland on the 20th of July and landing back in Swaziland on the 23rd of August. Thus, I will most likely be on American soil from July 21st to August 21st. I CAN’T WAIT!!!

And neither can my mother. :-P She has already been on top of scheduling many amazing activities and family gatherings during that period… now it is your turn! Being as excited as I am to drive again, I have already planned to road trip to certain cities in Michigan. If I’m in your area, PLEASE let’s make plans! If I have not yet scheduled a weekend in your area, I might just want to drive there too or Traverse City visits are ALWAYS possible and encouraged! I have missed you all so damn much!!!

Draft Travel Schedule:

Saginaw & Tri-Cities Area: Last weekend in July
Grand Rapids: 1st weekend in August
Chesaning/Flint/Saginaw: 2nd weekend in August
*Unless noted above, I will be in Traverse City. My “weekends” are very fluid and can start as soon or end as late as need be to accommodate your less flexible schedule.


Already Booked Days**:

Saturday – Monday July 23rd –July 25th
Saturday & Sunday August 6th-7th
Friday & Saturday August 12th-13th
Sunday –Wednesday August 14th-17th
**Evenings may or may not still be available. Check with me. :-)

Now if you are thinking to yourself, “I really want to hang out with Darryn, but what should we do?” fear naught. :-) Here is a partial list of the many fun things that I would LOVE to do while I’m back in the states!

Play Tennis
Roller Blade
Bike Ride
Swim / Beach Day
Bonfire & S’more Night
Tour Wineries
Enjoy a good micro-brewed beer in public
Movie and Popcorn at a Cinema
THEATRE!! (I know this is a slower time of the season for shows, but if anyone knows of something on during this time PLEASE tell me!! I’m going through major withdrawals!)
BBQs (known in Swaziland as a Braii)
Girly Pampering
Massages
Clothes Shopping (I’m not a big fan of this, but it needs to happen. HELP!)
Sitting on a comfy couch in a coffee shop sipping liquid yumminess
Stay out past dark (in general)
Joy Rides/Road Trips (I’ll drive!!)
Hot Dog at a Base Ball Game (GO Beach Bums!)
But mostly: VISIT AND CATCH UP WITH YOU!!!! I don’t care when or where, but this has to happen!

2 comments:

  1. Hola: Soy docente y admiro la labor que desarrollan los miembros de Cuerpos de Paz en muchos lugares alrededor de mundo. ¡Felicitaciones!


    Hi, I have been visiting your blog. ¡Congratulations for your work! I invite you to visit my blog about literature, philosophy and films:
    http://alvarogomezcastro.over-blog.es

    Greetings from Santa Marta, Colombia

    ReplyDelete