Thursday, September 8, 2011

Michigan Vacation

August 29th

When I arrived in Traverse City’s airport at 3:15pm on July 21st, I carried with me a list of activities, foods, and needs that I was sure the paradise of America, which had been epically constructed over the past two years in my head, would fulfill. Thanks to my fantastic family and wonderful friends my expectations were absolutely blown out of the water!! Being a fudgy (tourist) in your hometown is such an experience. To capture the last month at home I tried to brainstorm the list of activities I partook in while I was home. The resulting list was the product of that venture, and shocking as it may be it is not completely comprehensive. Note: sleep was not present. :-P


ATE & Drank… a lot
Saw Elvis perform (yup, he’s alive and plays at nursing homes!)
Williamsburg Theatre – Music Medley
Crocker Family BBQ
Baseball Games
Swimming (day and night - - - lake, bay, river, and mote)
Sailing
Jet Skiing
Kayaking
Canoeing
Parasailing
Winery tour and tasting
Wine & Art Festival
TC Film Festival
SVSU Theatre Production of ‘Suds’
Nerf Gun Fight
Pillow Fight
Dancing
Josh Groban Concert
Grand Rapids Zoo
High Ropes Corse
Card Game that had to do with selling German Beans
Cooked and consumed delicious Greek Food
Made new friends (including sister’s awesome boyfriend!)
S’mores and Wine party
Shopping
Got pampered
TC Friday Night Live
Tobias Family Get-Together
Bag Pipe and Drum Line Concert
Craft and Art Market
Played Tennis and Ping Pong
Roller Bladed & Biked TART Trail
Ran 5k for NICU
Built Sandcastle
Cedar Point
HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!


I loved seeing those of you that I could, and I can’t wait to get back to see everyone that I couldn’t this time as well. Thank you so much for making my visit home such a grand one. Honestly, getting on the plane to come back to Swaziland was very difficult, and I blame all of you. :-)

See you tomorrow…



A wonderful night of dinner theatre with these lovely women!!


Josh Groban Concert in Grand Rapids!


Nikki raising the new ride, Windseeker, at Cedar Point


After a 5k run, the only logical thing to do is go jump in the bay and make a sandcastle.


Had to get out and walk our canoes at one point on the Platte River

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love that the German bean game made the list! (And it's a very impressive list!!)

    ReplyDelete